People Operations Coordinator
Who we are
At Justworks, we’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, diversity and inclusion and wellness program offerings, company events, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We're united by shared goals and shared motivations. These are best summed up in our company values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity and Simplicity which are reflected in our product and in our team. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
As part of Justworks People & Talent department, our People Operations team is charged with ensuring our People & Talent systems, tools and processes support our growing people and business needs. The People Operations Coordinator is an integral part of Justworks’ growth and success by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns.
Who you are
- Committed to delivering an outstanding employee experience through responsive and compassionate interactions with all levels of employees and management
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize and multitask
- Detail-oriented with a core focus on ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- Adaptable to the changing needs of a fast moving, high growth organization
- Self-starter, proactive and a team player where no task is too small for you
- Vigilant in maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Passionate about pursuing a career in Human Resources
What you'll do
Deliver an amazing employee experience by:
- Serving as a key point of contact for operational employee support
- Managing the queue of open employee questions and seeking out creative solutions to provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalating when necessary
- Ensuring administrative execution of new hire onboarding and terminations including paperwork collection and storage, I-9 completion, e-verify, and HR systems updates
- Owning all aspects of employee data throughout the full employee life cycle including data entry, updates and audits
- Reviewing and submitting payroll for hourly employees and scheduling requests for off-cycle and supplemental payments
- Supporting benefits and perks administration and visa processing
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of recurring and ad hoc HR reports
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with key stakeholders including Legal & Compliance, Finance, Benefit Operations and IT
- Completing other projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least one year previous experience in payroll, human resources or HRIS preferred
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily learn and use new software (G-Suite, HRIS) and with at least intermediate Excel skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HR-related employment laws a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Work environment/Physical activities and requirements
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm including a one-hour meal break
- Minimal travel required
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual is regularly required to talk and hear, sit, use wrists, hands, and/or fingers in repetitive movements, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, and occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and lift items of up to 15 lbs.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. In accordance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.