People Operations Coordinator at Policygenius
About the role….
Are you a people person? Do you enjoy helping streamline processes and making others’ days better? Eager to be on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? We’re looking for a thoughtful and enthusiastic People Operations Coordinator to join the People team at Policygenius!
Reporting into the Senior Manager, People Operations, you will be responsible for many elements that keep the company humming: HR onboarding & offboarding, benefits & leave management, and providing support on a broad set of HR-related tasks. You will be an integral point of contact for our internal stakeholders on a variety of questions, and will be essential in helping to scale and support the day-to-day people operations of a growing team.
In this role, you will…
- Field HR-related questions and matters that span a variety of areas (including benefits, immigration, onboarding/offboarding, and leaves of absence) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e., maintaining documentation and staying current on employment law updates) where necessary.
- Build and leverage trust-based relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels to support all employees and keep the pulse on what is and isn’t working within the People Ops realm.
- Coordinate HR onboarding and offboarding for all Pg employees, including assessing and iterating on existing processes as we scale.
- Become adept at and help manage multiple systems including Ultipro, Lattice and Culture Amp, maintaining accurate data and acting as a point person for system-related inquiries and any necessary troubleshooting.
- Support the People Ops team and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders on various strategic People initiatives including learning & development, performance management, employee relations, internal communications, and other special projects as needed.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 1-2 years of professional experience as an HR Coordinator, Recruiting Coordinator, or other relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are detail-oriented, process-driven and self-motivated, focused on how to create efficient processes and tweak existing ones to scale.
- You love speaking to people - your written, verbal, and virtual communication skills are empathetic, welcoming, and adaptable.
- You have sound judgement, displaying integrity and a clear understanding of confidentiality.
- You’d love to learn more about HR programs including total rewards, coaching, performance management, and compliance/labor relations.
- Context switching is second nature to you - you might not be able to literally juggle (bonus points if you can) but you can easily juggle multiple priorities, workstreams, and stakeholders.
- Problem-solving is in your nature - you can identify and raise problems, and start working to solve them.
- You’re cool as a cucumber under pressure - you have experience in fast-paced environments and you weather change with grace.
- You have experience learning and using a complex HRIS and/or performance management software. Knowledge of Ultipro, Lattice, and Culture Amp are all pluses!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!