People Operations Coordinator at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
As part of Justworks People & Talent department, our People Operations team is charged with delivering an amazing employee experience and ensuring our People & Talent systems, tools and processes support our growing people and business needs. The People Operations Coordinator is an integral part of Justworks’ growth and success by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns.
What you'll do
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee questions received through the People Ops inbox regarding benefits, payroll, policies and other People Ops related topics. Seek out creative solutions to provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalating when necessary
- Ensure timely administrative execution of new hire onboarding and terminations including paperwork collection and storage, I-9 completion, e-verify, and HR systems updates
- Own all aspects of maintaining employee data throughout the full employee life cycle including employee changes, organizational updates and audits
- Review payroll for hourly employees and schedule requests for off-cycle and supplemental payments
- Support benefits and perks administration, employment verifications, workers’ compensation and leave of absence paperwork, and visa processing
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of recurring and ad hoc HR reports
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders including Legal & Compliance, Finance, Benefit Operations and IT
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 1+ year previous experience in payroll, human resources or HRIS preferred
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily learn and use new software (G-Suite, HRIS, JIRA) and intermediate Excel skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HR-related employment laws a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment