Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $600 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As our People Operations Generalist, you will shape our employee experience as we continue to scale. You'll build relationships across all teams and be instrumental to our growth.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Employee Relations
Answer employee inquiries, escalate to Senior Manager of People as necessary
Coach managers and employees with people issues
Assist Senior Manager of People with investigations, documentation, etc
Facilitate productive discussions between managers and employees during performance improvement plan meetings and exit conversations.
Manage content of bi-weekly People Team newsletter
Develop programs and processes that enhance the employee experience
Be a champion of change by giving context and guidance on new initiatives
Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
Launch, analyze and report on engagement, onboarding and exit surveys
Use data to influence or support key people decisions and recommendations
- HR Administration
Manage and administer leave of absence and accommodations practices
Work with benefit brokers to ensure we follow all compliance and reporting laws
Facilitate annual open enrollment: plan analysis, plan selection, HRIS integration, company communication and trainings
As needed support the administration of payroll and benefits processes, and work close with finance and accounting peers.
Produce regular and ad-hoc reports using a variety of tools and systems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with at least 1 year of direct employee relations experience
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills to perform data to collect and analyze data.
- Highly proficient in google docs, slack, and other modern collaboration tools.
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group settings.
- Proven success in driving employee engagement and culture initiatives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, high level of empathy, and a strong sense of good judgement
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- You have high integrity and will maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Meticulous by default and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and adaptable - we are a lean team! You're proactive in finding solutions and take pride in delivering strong results to employees.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.