At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 85% of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, in 2019, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
We’re looking for a People Operations Generalist to join our team to lead and scale our HR operations across the organization, serving as a trusted resource and strategic partner for our team and the entire company. The People Ops team at TpT is a close-knit, collaborative crew, moving the business forward by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work.
- Scale and iterate on current HR processes, crafting a superior employee experience that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion while also reflecting solid HR compliance and best practices
- Plan and execute benefits and compensation to create a compelling, inclusive, and cost-effective package
- Own the HRIS (Namely) with respect to data integrity, reporting, payroll administration and ongoing development of the platform
- Oversee and manage People Ops processes across the employee lifecycle including onboarding, performance management, compensation, terminations; partner closely with Finance to ensure timely, accurate administration of benefits, compensation, insurance and leave programs.
- Navigate complex employee relations issues quickly and with good judgment
- Craft policy recommendations and own employee policies, procedures, and the employee handbook in partnership with our legal team
- Partner with our legal team to ensure supportive immigration process
- Coach managers and senior leaders to provide targeted support and navigate complex situations
- Work as part of a team to build an impactful culture that reflects TpT’s values, mission, and vision
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years experience in an HR-related role
- Deep functional HR expertise and knowledge of current HR trends
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic HR and Immigration law (FMLA, ADA, visas)
- Experience using and maximizing HRIS
- Experience with benefits planning and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex interpersonal situations and questions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be adaptable as situations require
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.