People Operations Lead at Mobilize
Mobilize is the events management and volunteer recruitment platform that connects mission-driven organizations and their supporters.
In just 2 years, our platform has helped nearly 2,000 advocacy organizations and political campaigns (including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, the Human Rights Campaign, and 20 Presidential campaigns) sign up 1.7 million supporters for volunteer action and events.
Our team comes from Airbnb, Bain & Company, Condé Nast, Facebook, Hustle, McKinsey, Medium, Mixpanel, The New York Times, Quora, and various political campaigns and governmental organizations.
We’ve just closed a $3.75m Series A round; our investors include Higher Ground Labs, Lowercase Capital, New Media Ventures, Propel Capital, 32 Ventures, Meetup co-founder Scott Heiferman, and LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of volunteers and organizations that we exist to serve. We especially encourage women, people who identify as LGBTQ, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the technology and nonprofit sectors to apply.
You will be Mobilize’s first People Operations hire and will be instrumental in helping our company scale up from its small, scrappy roots and retain top talent. You will be focused on building a diverse and anti-oppressive culture that reflects progressive values. You will be reporting to our CEO, someone who cares passionately about building culture, processes, and teams that support people in doing their best work, and will be working closely with our senior leadership team to accomplish this goal.
Note: this role is located in DC or New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Help us nurture a mission-oriented, diverse and anti-oppressive employee experience that is high-empathy, but also high-performance
- Serve as a trusted resource to all employees, including the leadership team, to coach them through their careers and interpersonal conversations
- Set and drive accountability on company-wide standards for performance management and professional development
- Act as point of contact and support for employees including professional development, employee performance, leave, and day-to-day support
- Lead on matters regarding HR, benefits administration, performance management, organizational development and any HR-related legal concerns
- Ensure we are complying with legislation in all the jurisdictions that we operate in
- Oversee day-to-day people operations of the business, including payroll, employee satisfaction surveys, benefits, time off, contracts, and compliance
- Manage recruiting efforts with insights on headcount planning, interview processes (with bias reduction mechanisms), internal initiatives, and by managing contract recruiters.
Who you are:
- Have 5 or more years leading People/HR within a progressive organization and / or start up
- Experienced with creating HR systems and processes and not just executing them, including performance evaluation, compensation bands, and paths of growth
- Empathetic communicator who connects easily with people of all different backgrounds, skills, roles, and perspectives
- Excited about the values and mission of our company, and the ability to inspire others to feel the same
- Experienced with building out Diversity, Equity and Anti-Oppression programs and initiatives
- Competitive salary
- Generous healthcare coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending account (FSA) with a $500 employer contribution
- 401K account (no employer contribution)
- 3 months of paid family leave
- Unlimited PTO