Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The People Operations Lead will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer until a Head of People is hired. They will manage our HR Operations from day to day administration to strategic Benefit proposals. This is a new role and will help build out the People function for our global operations. We’re moving into new and exciting areas, and we need you!
The People Operations function plays a crucial role in Paxos’s development as we grow. Our goal is to ensure that our team is operating at their best, in a well-structured, high performance environment. People Operations is a business-critical department that will give you exposure across the company and enable you to play a big part in Paxos’ drive to revolutionise the financial services industry.
What you will do:
- Compliance: Ensure legal compliance by managing and implementing applicable human resource state and country requirements; be the interface with local regulatory bodies.
- Policies & procedures: Design and recommend enhancements, improvements and simplifications of existing HR policies and procedures.
- Employee relations: Handle employee disputes and the establishment of harmonious employee relations.
- Employee experience: Support employees and improve employee experience by providing end to end HR solutions to solve their issues.
- Employee lifecycle: Support and maintain records of employee life cycle management processes such as on-boarding management, termination, personal data changes, internal transfers.
- Immigration: Support immigration and other responsibilities related to staffing administration.
- Payroll: Own payroll processing in partnership with Finance in all three countries
- Benefits: Own the end-to-end administration and planning of benefits in all three locations
- HR Projects: Oversee ad-hoc and cyclical HR related projects, such as Performance Reviews, Compensation cycle and Company Engagement survey.
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience in HR Operations (Payroll, Benefits, Systems, Immigration, Compensation and Compliance)
- Driven, energetic and ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced fintech environment
- Experience managing multiple, cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven track record implementing new systems and processes
- Deep understanding of HR Operations and Compliance
- Experience in both startup environments and regulated industries (ideal would be a startup in a regulated industry such as banking or healthcare)
- Not mandatory but nice to have:
- Previous management experience
- International experience
Who you are:
- You are very detail oriented and remain focused on the challenges at hand.
- You own your errors and learn from them, helping others on the team to do the same
- You are a strong communicator. You are effective in your communication skills, regardless of your audience.
- You are motivated and driven.
- You are passionate about the People function, and yearn to make a difference in any organization you are a part of.
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ