People Operations Manager at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As the People Operations Manager at Rhino, you’ll join a passionate team that has already begun to revolutionize residential renting & commercial leasing. You’ll be a major factor in building out this part of our growing organization!
In this role you will:
- Manage, and work alongside, one People Operations Associate.
- Document, maintain and communicate core People Operations processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
- Lead our recruiting process and work cross-functionally with talent, internal teams and external recruiters to advertise vacancies and manage our candidate pipeline.
- Assist with onboarding new hires (system entry, paperwork validation, background check administration).
- Issue employment letters, contracts, salary increase letters, verification of employment, etc.
- Provide ongoing benefits administration (monthly billing reconciliations, coordinate annual health fair and open enrollment activities, submit COBRA requests, manage all Leave of Absence requests, and answer front-line employee requests regarding benefits questions).
- Coordinate employee reviews in collaboration with internal team managers.
- Develop and implement an employee wellness program as we grow.
- Assist in organizing and staffing regular company events, such as happy hours, All-Hands meetings, and other events as needed.
- Develop and document internal structures and processes, positioning us to scale.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 5+ years experience in a People Operations administration, operations, benefits administration, or generalist role.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree is a plus.
- Has been involved in doubling the size of an early-stage startup (40 → 100)
- Data driven, metrics & detail oriented.
- Has knowledge of and strategies around Diversity & Inclusion and Compliance.
- Desire and capacity to have direct impact in strategic business decisions.
- Must be able to hold personal and benefits information strictly confidential.