CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
In this role, you will drive frictionless employee experiences by creating and optimizing programs and processes that keep our team productive.
What You Will Do:
- Act as the first line of support and point of contact for corporate team members who have HR-related questions particularly on policies and programs
- Help build our HR Infrastructure by developing programs and processes to reinforce our values and make us more efficient
- Own the setup and configuration of the employee onboarding process from start to finish, continuously reviewing and iterating to ensure a best in class program
- Drive HR process improvement across the people team by gaining an understanding of current processes, evaluating their effectiveness and crafting a future roadmap
- Develop data driven dashboards and analytics to share insights with people team and leadership on various programs including onboarding, attrition and employee engagement. Make recommendations for new programs and processes based on these insights.
- Assist with management of our real estate, including recommendations for expansion based on data.
- Maintain and develop employee record keeping processes within our HRIS system, ensuring data integrity
- Own and maintain vendor relationships, as well as evaluation and implementation of new vendors for all HR systems
- You’ll be responsible for strategic and cross functional projects, collaborating across multiple teams to coordinate action plans
- In partnership with our legal team, assist with compliance requirements (handbook updates, record keeping, audits, reporting, etc.)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years People / HR Operations experience.
- Extensive experience with People systems and processes including setting them up, transitioning vendors and improving on existing upon current infrastructure.
- Deep data and analytics background including advanced Excel skills and reporting skills
- You’ve created new programs and executed process improvements in a fast paced organization
- You have a roll up your sleeves attitude and strategic mindset. You thrive on a high speed, constantly changing environment and are able to adapt quickly.
- You are empathetic and care deeply about employees, but also able to balance employee needs with company priorities
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and intellectually curious
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proactive and accustomed to a high volume of multitasking and meeting tight deadlines