People Operations Specialist, Payroll and Benefits at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: People Operations Specialist, Payroll and Benefits
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be in on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As People Operations Specialist, Payroll and Benefits , you'll be responsible for providing support to the People Operations team with a primary focus on payroll and benefits administration. You will also support on-boarding, people analytics and administration of compensation adjustments. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, organized and extremely detail-oriented for this critical role on our team.
- Provide exceptional people operations support by managing payroll and benefits administration.
- Ensure compliance with all payroll and benefits administration best-practices
- Assist with the implementation and enhancement of on-boarding processes, such as coordinating new hire schedules, processing new hire paperwork, and ensuring all documentation is complete and accurate (I-9, W-4, etc.)
- Maintain personnel files with a focus on compliance and confidentiality
- Assistance in drafting HR-related documentation (ie. Employment Documents, Promotion Letters, Employment Verification Letters, etc)
- Maintain and enhance HRIS, ensuring accuracy in data entry and reporting
- Work with multiple systems (ADP, HR Bamboo, Sequoia Benefits, Greenhouse, G-Suite)
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization, especially those in connection with people analytics, payroll and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3+ of HR/benefits administration
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong administrative skills, including organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to research and to get to the bottom of system issues that may arise
- Strong understanding of HR best practices and general HR administration with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends within the HR space
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Desire to build a career in People Operations and grow and expand responsibilities with the growth of the Winklevoss Capital Management team.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Experience processing payroll
- Experience with ADP and BambooHR