People Partner: Returnship
Cedar is proud to partner with the Path Forward Return to Work Program. This program is a 16 week paid “returnship” for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Cedar is looking for a People Partner to join our team! In this role, you will collaborate closely with Cedar team members and leaders to provide strategic insight and guidance on organizational development and design, all facets of people management, development, and training, recognition and reward, and change management. You’ll be the go-to person in the People team for assisting Cedar team members with people-related processes and policies, and will partner on project and program development that will enhance our team’s levels of engagement, productivity, and accelerate their growth.
At Cedar, people are core to our business and the People Partner will provide tactical and strategic support to all teams and team members. This role is an excellent opportunity to join our mission-driven team while playing an integral role in the evolution of our organization.
- Partner with department heads, managers, and individual team members on core People processes (ie performance management and internal mobility, compensation review, headcount planning, team design, change management and communications, employee engagement, and immigration)
- Manage team member requests and questions around Cedar’s policies, guidelines, benefits, and processes, and investigate or escalate as needed
- Act as the internal subject matter expert on employment and labor regulations and compliance, as well as Cedar’s policies, and proactively manage risk
- Liaise with Cedar’s PEO and act as Cedar’s internal administrator of payroll and benefits
- Devise learning and development strategies and programs to conduct in-house trainings and to enable team members to leverage external resources
- Conduct new hire onboarding sessions and check-ins, and partner with People team on evolving Cedar’s onboarding program as needed
- Develop KPIs and help inform Cedar’s people analytics strategy and reporting
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in an HR generalist or HRBP role, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Experience supporting employees and management on strategic People programming and projects
- Willingness to embrace ambiguity and take a nuanced and collaborative approach to HR and people partnership
- Experience providing performance coaching to others and the ability to support managers and employees in goal setting and coaching efforts
- Familiarity working in a fast paced, high performance culture where the business is constantly evolving
- Ability to apply past experience and training to anticipate organizational and employee issues or opportunities and address them proactively
- Willingness to work outside a narrow job description and act as a key collaborator across People team initiatives
- Strong analytical skills to develop the right metrics, access necessary data, synthesize and report out on learnings, and devise action plans
Cedar is improving the healthcare experience for patients. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.