People Partner at TrialSpark
Trialspark is a technology company that brings new treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process. Today, a clinical trial can cost more than $100M and take 10 years to complete, bottlenecking the development of new treatments for patients. We’re fundamentally changing how trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology and operational perspective.
Working closely with other People Operations team members, including Talent and Workplace Experience, you will take responsibility for HR and employee relations. This is an open-level position requiring at least 2 years of experience. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Oversee the HR operation, including fundamentals such as drafting and maintaining employee policies/employee files, creating and following onboarding/offboarding workflows, compiling and administering benefits, liaising with external payroll/benefits providers, etc.
- Develop HR strategies and talent management needs, including performance reviews/management, disciplinary process, and employee retention policies
- Act as the go-to for Trialspark coworkers for their HR-related issues, providing guidance and coaching to managers, and building trust among all employees as an individual as well as an ambassador of the company
- Maintain HR records and employee files for the entire employee lifecycle from hired to term, including our org chart
- Oversee our workplace records, data and reporting, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Establish and analyze HR metrics/People data to identify and remedy any shortfalls
- Help to develop and implement our comp/total rewards strategy
- Help us build a corporate culture that encourages direct feedback, empathy, first principles thinking, and one where people feel they’re empowered to speak up and do their best possible work
Relevant Experience and Skills
- BA/BS or Masters degree in a relevant field e.g. Masters in Human Resources or PHR
- HR generalist with practical experience, ideally in a rapidly changing/tech startup/fast-growing company environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, and focused on getting things done in a systematic manner. You take pride in running an efficient operation
- You care deeply about relationships and are able to empathize with employees
- Always interested in learning about the latest developments in the field, such as employment law, inclusion, compensation practices, organizational psychology, etc
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.