People Partner at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is seeking a People Partner to work closely across the organization to foster our internal teams and culture! In this role, this individual will act as a thought partner to Cedar’s Head of People and executive team to build strategies that cultivate Cedar’s business and cultural goals, while also working closely with members across various teams to support development and feedback. Additionally, this role would have the opportunity to enrich Cedar’s values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity.
At Cedar, people are core to our business. We see this role as an excellent opportunity to both be part of, and grow, a mission-driven team, and to further advance an inclusive and shared culture. Our ideal candidate has experience in HR strategy or Organizational Development, and is excited to collaborate across several teams and levels to have a high impact on Cedar’s growth and success.
- Advise, coach, and empower Cedar team members across teams and levels to do their best work and foster a strong culture of collaboration, growth, and inclusivity
- Act as a critical thought partner in developing Cedar’s People strategies in line with Cedar’s business and culture goals
- Along with Cedar’s executive team, evolve Cedar’s total rewards strategy and manage employee rewards, including benefits and compensation changes
- Partner closely with the People Experience Manager and Organizational Development Lead to collect and analyze our people data and put into place programs, tools, and resources to increase engagement and build an employer brand our team is proud of
- Ensure every member of the Cedar team is getting a regular and fair performance evaluation and that promotions and compensation adjustments are granted equitably across the company
- As needed, complete detailed, timely investigations into team member complaints or other reports
- Be an unflappable model of Cedar’s values and work with the rest of the People team to build rituals and institutions that help Cedar scale in a values-aligned manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust up, down, and across an organization
- Prior experience in Organizational Development or HR at a fast-growing company, preferably in a startup environment
- Comfortable operating in the data and details, and also at the strategic level
- Ability to exercise good judgment and apply critical reasoning and analytical skills to developing and executing People strategies
- Driven by a desire to truly understand others and design solutions that work for Cedar vs. running a traditional HR playbook
- Interest in exploring new technologies and standard methodologies in coaching, employee engagement, equity and inclusion, and professional development
- Knowledge and experience across several HR subject areas (employee relations, organizational development, total rewards, mentoring and coaching, etc.)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth healthcare technology company
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the People Partner role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.