People Systems Analyst at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a People Systems Analyst to help support our growing People Systems team and the scalability and success of the overall People Organization. We're seeking an agile team-player who is enthusiastic about learning and is passionate about process improvement and data integrity. A strong interest in driving efficiency with accuracy will be critical to success here.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in people/talent operations, data analytics/reporting, or human resources and is highly motivated to build scalable people processes. This system-savvy problem solver will help build, maintain, and train on programs and products that support the strategic people objectives and Better.com’s employee base in a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure our people systems are driving value to the organization (specifically partnering with our core People teams on hiring and onboarding)
- Continually review, build, and maintain business processes and procedures, seeking opportunities for improvements and automation
- Provide day-to-day People Systems support, including training and resolution of system-related issues
- Take a hands-on thoughtful approach to troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Help define roadmaps for people systems and set measurable goals against target metrics
- Create and maintain user guides, training, and system documentation for future iterations
- You have experience working with and understanding people systems: HRIS (preferably Workday), ATS (Greenhouse a plus!), Integrations, etc
- You pride yourself on your work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- You have a solid foundational understanding of the employee lifecycle and people processes
- BA/BS or equivalent with 2+ years experience
- You are highly analytical with strong organizational and time management skills
- You have a natural curiosity and passion for improving processes and automating systems to streamline workflows
- You have the “no task is too small” mentality and have a history of going above and beyond to proactively solve problems
- You are a data-driven and creative thinker who prioritizes assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines
- You love to learn and are enthusiastic about growing your knowledge base of the different functions through the People organization
- You have strong communication skills that are tailored to your audience as you act as a technical liaison
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.