Principal Technical Recruiter at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We’re a profitable and fast-growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
We are looking for a Principal Technical Recruiter who enjoys collaborating with department managers from, Sales, Engineering, and everything in between, on a regular basis and proactively identifying future hiring needs. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that Stack Overflow attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
- Per Requisition, design and implement overall recruiting strategies
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, employee referrals, etc
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct recruiter interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”
- Proven work experience as a strategic Senior International Recruiter
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews ( structured , competency-based, behavioral, etc.)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes ( video interviewing , phone interviewing.)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS) - Greenhouse
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of candidate experience and follow through skills is required.
- Strong decision-making skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.