Program Manager, People Operations at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about delivering a best-in-class, people operations experience that enables and empowers a fast growing organization to operate at its highest potential.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our People Operations team. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this individual will play a key role in growing, iterating, and maintaining the next generation of people programs, systems, and processes at DigitalOcean. Candidates for this role must possess a track record of success in scaling industry-leading benefits, compensation, systems and tools that enhance employee experience and engagement.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing all HRIS systems - we currently use Bamboo, Sapling, Sequoia, ADP, Fidelity, and Navia
- Collaborating cross-functionally with the entire People team to ensure clear communication and knowledge sharing in real time, increasing transparency across the organization
- Overseeing the benefits and leave processes, onboarding, and offboarding
- Acting as our compliance expert and incorporating our company’s values system into all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Keeping abreast of federal, state and local compliance around government requirements, benefits, employment/ labor laws, and payroll
- Partnering with Business Operations and leadership to influence, implement, and execute how DO expands internationally
- Acting as our cross functional thought partner with Finance for payments and payroll payments
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Successful track record of running People Operations programs and processes at scale
- Strong collaboration, information sharing, and prioritization skills that will allow you to juggle multiple programs at once
- The ability to gather stakeholders to work cross-functionally on People team-related projects
- Confidence to share new ideas and advocate for programs that will ensure DigitalOcean remains one of the best places to work
- Comfort with communicating issues, scope changes, project risks and major decisions that impact the successful delivery of People programs
- Strong balance of ideation and strategic thinking skills paired with a tactical approach to execute on the full lifecycle of People Operations programs
- No hesitation to roll up your sleeves to do the work needed to ensure the success of programs
- A PHR certification or SHRM- CP is a plus
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!