At Paperless Post, we are seeking a Contract Recruiter to join our growing people team. This role will partner with our hiring managers to ensure we meet our hiring goals across the company. While we are primarily hiring for engineering roles in the technology group, this role will specifically be working with our growth & marketing teams as well as our product team for the initial term of the contract to fill various roles ranging from graphic designer and copywriter to growth marketing manager to product designer and more. We are looking for someone with robust in-house recruiting experience in a variety of settings, preferably within the tech startup space to help Paperless Post scale smartly and efficiently while maintaining our company values. We're passionate about building an exceptional team and our recruiting team works with engaged hiring managers to find amazing people.
What You’ll Do Here
- Work closely with department leads and hiring managers to identify needs, understand the required skills and impact of the role, and develop strategies for sourcing exceptional candidates
- Creatively source and recruit using innovative ways to connect with candidates through referrals, networking, tech talks/conferences, drip campaigns, and other out-of-the-box methods
- Bring a consistent pipeline to hiring managers across the business, with a specific focus on growing our engineering team
- Conduct phone screens with candidates and coordinate interviews for hiring teams
- Manage the full recruitment life-cycle, building relationships with candidates, and creating a positive candidate experience by giving timely updates and feedback
- Manage the offer process as a candidate ambassador by accurately determining skill level, providing compensation advice to hiring managers, extending & negotiating offers, closing candidates, and developing strategies to improve offer acceptance rates
- Craft and iterate compelling pitches and job descriptions; increase awareness of Paperless Post in the tech and design communities.
- Continuously and consistently communicate with hiring managers, providing data-driven strategic insight that will help evolve the hiring process.
- Collaborate with other recruiters and coordinators to bring the best candidate experience for the folks we meet and an insanely high bar for talent coming in the door
- 3+ years of full life-cycle recruiting across functions and departments, preferably at a tech startup and in-house, a plus
- Some tech recruiting experience preferred
- Proven experience successfully recruiting for a growing company including using a variety of tools and tactics
- An outstanding aptitude for building & maintaining relationships with candidates and internal stakeholders
- An understanding and appreciation for the impact recruiting has on a company’s business strategy
- Excellent collaboration skills with a proven ability to understand what different roles are doing day-to-day and to convey that story to candidates
- Experience advising and coaching hiring managers on recruiting best practices
- Exemplary communication (written and verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills with keen attention to detail
- A passion for data-driven focus -- you’ve had experience creating and sharing recruiting metrics with teams to identify trends and obstacles
- Impeccable communication skills with incredible attention to detail
- An appetite for challenging goals and a drive to achieve them
- A solutions-oriented, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Google products and experience with Greenhouse (or a willingness to learn quickly!)
A Little Bit About the Team
The People team is dedicated to creating a dynamic working environment that fosters growth, camaraderie, and innovation. We’re lucky enough to hire for engineering, product, and design teams that tackle big challenges that directly impact our bottom line. Our recruiting team is defined by a philosophy of purposeful hiring and commitment to the long-term success of our hires.
Life at Paperless Post
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!