Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role…
As a Recruiter on the People team, you'll be a business partner in all things hiring, aligned to our rapidly expanding Operations organization but with reach all across Policygenius. Reporting to the Recruiting Manager, you’ll grow your skills within talent acquisition - from creative sourcing to building out a campus recruiting program and beyond. Success in this role is not only measured by hiring goals; you'll be expected to build strong relationships with your hiring managers, have input in org planning and design, and own relevant projects from start to finish.
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a variety of requisitions, including sourcing, resume screening, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, and coordinating offers
- Source active and passive candidates through creative and thoughtful sourcing methods
- Create all components of a successful interview process including job descriptions, interview plans, and offers
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for engaged candidates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback and create an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Support Pg’s values-driven culture by leaning in across multiple stages of the employee life-cycle: including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, and employee fulfillment
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in a startup or agency environment
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage and hire amazing talent
- A passion for “relationship-motivated” recruiting and building long-term relationships with prospective candidates
- An empathetic communication style and an ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences
- Proven resilience and cool under pressure; comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates across multiple searches
- A metrics- and process-orientation and a passion for clean data
- Experience with recruiting tools (ATS, LinkedIn, etc) and techniques
- Passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need and help them feel good about it!
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)