Recruiter at Policygenius
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About the role…
As a Recruiter on the People team, you'll be a business partner in all things hiring, aligned to our rapidly expanding Operations organization but with reach all across Policygenius. Reporting to the Recruiting Manager, you’ll grow your skills within talent acquisition - from creative sourcing to building out a campus recruiting program and beyond. Success in this role is not only measured by hiring goals; you'll be expected to build strong relationships with your hiring managers, have input in org planning and design, and own relevant projects from start to finish.
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a variety of requisitions, including sourcing, resume screening, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, and coordinating offers
- Source active and passive candidates through creative and thoughtful sourcing methods
- Create all components of a successful interview process including job descriptions, interview plans, and offers
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for engaged candidates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback and create an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Support Pg’s values-driven culture by leaning in across multiple stages of the employee life-cycle: including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, and employee fulfillment
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in a startup or agency environment
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage and hire amazing talent
- A passion for “relationship-motivated” recruiting and building long-term relationships with prospective candidates
- An empathetic communication style and an ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences
- Proven resilience and cool under pressure; comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates across multiple searches
- A metrics- and process-orientation and a passion for clean data
- Experience with recruiting tools (ATS, LinkedIn, etc) and techniques
- Passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need and help them feel good about it!
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!