RADAR is building technology to completely transform the in-store experience for retail employees and customers alike. Our proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, computer vision and machine learning to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented capability enables retailers to automate in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About The Job
We are looking for our first full-time Recruiter to help us identify and attract the right talent to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for establishing and driving the overall recruiting strategy including everything from developing sourcing initiatives to hands-on screening and facilitation of the interview process. The ideal candidate should have a strong eye for cultural fit along with the ability to “connect the dots” between what a candidate is looking for and what RADAR can offer.
In your first week you will:
- Get acquainted with the office and team members, and absorb as much as you can about the business and our company culture
- Meet with each hiring manager to discuss immediate and future hiring needs
- Evaluate the current state of recruiting; what processes are in place and what resources are available
- Start to develop your communication plan with the greater team; what information do they need from you (and vice versa), how often, etc.
In your first month you will:
- Evaluate and implement recruiting related tools and resources as needed
- Make recommendations and help drive employer branding initiatives
- Define recruiting related KPIs and metrics
- Partner with the leadership team and hiring managers to define hiring needs, develop a recruiting strategy, prepare job postings and manage the hiring pipeline
- Take ownership of the recruiting process from end to end; including sourcing, screening and interviewing, negotiating, and onboarding new hires
- Develop and roll out referral program guidelines
- Take over all external agency/recruiting related vendor relationships
- Identify areas for improvement within the recruiting and onboarding process
In your first year you will:
- Make a major impact on company growth by identifying and bringing on the highest caliber talent possible
- Lead the effort to continuously improve our recruiting process including our overall employer branding presence
- Creatively source new candidates while concurrently maintaining a strong pipeline
- Advise team on interview techniques and best practices; develop resources for interviewers as needed
- Maintain an updated applicant tracking system and ensure that candidates are moving through the process efficiently
- Provide a “white glove” experience for every candidate that enters our pipeline; ensuring that they walk away having had a positive experience, regardless of fit
- Manage all job postings and maintain all necessary hiring documentation
- Keep a pulse on the latest recruiting trends and best practices
- 5+ yrs recruiting experience, 2+ yrs working as an in-house Recruiter
- Superior communication skills -- both verbal and written
- Personable and innate ability to quickly build trust and relationships
- Proven success working on both technical and non-technical searches
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience with Greenhouse (or similar applicant tracking system)
- Familiar with general employment law and compliance concepts
- Experience utilizing a variety of sourcing tools and techniques
- Extremely organized and able to multitask without letting things slip through the cracks
- Proven track record of success working as a full-cycle recruiter
- Prior experience working in a dynamic, high growth startup environment
- Strong network within the tech and startup landscape in New York and/or San Diego
What We’re Looking For In Teammates
Technology like what we’re building doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like To Work With Us
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers with experience shipping real-world hardware and software solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and clients, and listen closely to their feedback.