Recruiter at Haven Life
Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 100 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Haven Life Recruiting Team is responsible for the full-cycle recruiting experience, from sourcing and attracting a diverse pool of candidates to interviewing and hiring exceptional employees at Haven Life in our New York City and Boston offices.
Our future is filled with lots of growth so we are looking for a collaborative and team-oriented recruiter to join our small but mighty team. As an integral member of our team you will collaborate with hiring managers and senior leaders across the company to understand hiring needs for our non-technical roles. You will leverage various resources to proactively develop a strong candidate pipeline. And provide a best in class candidate experience through Haven Life’s interview process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage full cycle recruiting process; from sourcing candidates to coordinating interviews to offer delivery
- Work across a wide variety of roles, mostly on the non-tech side (Product Managers, Legal, Marketing, Actuarial, etc.)
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders, taking a consultative approach and coaching hiring teams on interview best practices
- Work closely with our hiring managers to develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Work with the Head of Recruiting to come up with an innovative on-campus recruiting strategies, impactful internship & full-time rotational program and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Work with recruiting teammates to create and manage the internship & full-time rotational programs
- Work to improve the interview experience for both candidates and hiring teams
- Act as a Haven Life ambassador and primary point of contact for candidates, building influential relationships with prospective hires throughout the selection process; while promoting the company’s reputation as a “best place to work”
- Lead and deliver a best in class candidate experience
- 2+ years of experience recruiting for a variety of roles in a fast-paced organization, preferably in a startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Experience utilizing applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse experience a plus)
- A commitment to diversity, and preferably, experience improving a previous employer’s diversity via specific recruiting strategies
- You are curious, innovative, humble, proactive and accountable
- You are collaborative and a team player
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa Sponsorship
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office when we return to the office
NICE TO HAVES:
- Bachelor's degree
- Conducting different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, behavioral, etc.)
- Full-cycle recruiting for technical and non-technical roles
- Execute campus recruiting strategy and programs
- Experience identifying talents by using various sourcing techniques (i.e. Boolean search, LinkedIn Recruiter, Github, Job Boards, etc.)
- Knowledge in using HR systems such as applicant tracking systems, candidate management systems, and human resource information systems
- Demonstrate success in leveraging various sources such as social media networks, events, and employee referrals to build a strong candidate pipeline
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.