At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we’re helping developers get answers to their questions or find new jobs, we build products that make millions of developers’ lives better every day.
A Recruiter/HR Generalist at Stack Overflow will primarily spend 75% of their time overseeing recruitment, and helping to strategically grow the company. In this position, you’ll be the primary point person for Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Support candidates interviewing with us, and you’ll facilitate the entire interview process from initial contact to offer extension. You will also work closely with our HR Business Partner in enabling managers and employees to perform at their best.
What you'll do:
- Identify and prescreen top candidates for non technical departments at Stack Overflow
- Track interview data, hiring metrics, and entire candidate life cycle using Greenhouse with the goal of continuously improving efficiency
- Train new hiring managers and interviewers on interviewing/hiring at Stack Overflow
- Continuously make strides to improve diversity at Stack Overflow
- Be an ongoing resource to employees with questions about benefits and company policies
- Participate in broader HR initiatives designed to improve Stack Overflow’s work environment and employer branding
What you'll need to have:
- Minimum of 3 years of full-cycle recruitment experience showing progressive growth
- Willingness and intuition to handle HR matters outside of recruitment when necessary
- A commitment to diversity, and preferably, experience improving a previous employer’s diversity via specific recruiting strategies
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Trustworthiness, intuitiveness, adaptability, and self-sufficiency
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office with espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.