Recruiting Coordinator at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
We are OnDeck’s People Operations team. We think big and empower ONDK for the future. We understand our business. We seek all point of views. We build high-quality partnerships. We ask the right questions to push our partners to think critically about the business.
As the Recruiting Coordinator in our NYC office, your role reports into the Senior Manager of Talent Partnerships who is based in New York. The Talent Partnerships team facilitates incredible candidate and hiring manager experience in closing the skills gap at ONDK through recruitment. You will be embedded within a Recruiting team in the Denver office and coordinate all recruiting, interviewing, and hiring activities across the business, and primarily our technical teams.
As the Recruiting Coordinator at OnDeck on the Talent Partnerships team, you will:
- Ensure world class stakeholder experiences, including candidates, hiring managers, interviewers, senior leaders, and your colleagues on the People Ops team.
- Schedule, through our tools and systems, a high volume and wide variety of interview experiences across different teams and offices (although mostly in NYC and VA).
- Meet and greet all interviewing candidates, setting the stage for their first impression and overall perspective of our talent brand.
- Coordinate all up-front recruiting activities, including working with hiring managers and our Talent Partners to open new positions in our systems.
- Support special initiatives and projects on the recruiting team including enhancements to the candidate and hiring manager experience, recruiting data and analytics.
- Commit to the Talent Partner team goals, expectations, and norms; this year, we're hyper focused on diverse and inclusive experiences, researching and trying innovative recruiting technologies, and relentlessly iterating on our internal processes and structure.
- On rare (some, but rare) occasions, provide back-up support to our NYC office's front desk team.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline; we value skills obtained and experiences had in education environments.
- At least 1 year of hands-on recruitment coordination experience in dynamic, fast paced, high volume environments.
- Ability to articulate the company EVP (employee value prop) relative to mission, values, products, and culture.
- Technically inclined, able to navigate our internal HR tech stack (including Greenhouse and integrated sourcing tools).
- Detail oriented, prefer checking and rechecking your own work and the work of others to ensure accuracy.
- Adaptive and embracive of a changing environment, often working in somewhat ambiguous or evolving business situations.
- Proactive mentality with strong ability to work autonomously, make your own decisions, and effectively manage your time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill driven by enthusiasm, energy, humility, humbleness, and sense of humor.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**