Recruiting Coordinator at Policygenius
About the role...
Do you love working with people every day? Are you a process junkie who yearns for efficiency and can spy the teeniest details that most people miss? Are you interested in learning more about how to recruit, retain, and develop some of the most empathetic problem-solvers out there?
Then our Recruiting Coordinator role is for you! Not only are you the first point of contact for candidates coming through our hiring process, you’re the point person for our internal stakeholders like hiring managers and interviewers. You’re driving projects such as developing batch interview days, assessing and potentially implementing new scheduling software, and always thinking about how we can improve our processes.
In this role, you will...
- Shepherd our candidates through the hiring process, communicating with empathy and ensuring they have a personalized and enjoyable experience
- Schedule and coordinate phone, onsite, and virtual interviews - no calendar or interview plan will scare you!
- Act as day-of-coordinator for all of your interviews, problem-solving on the fly for both interviewers and candidates
- Assess and improve our existing processes while collaborating with the entire Recruiting team and other functions
- Contribute to the broader Pg culture by being a visible ambassador internally and externally
- Manage multiple systems (Gmail, Slack, Greenhouse, etc) to maintain data, communicate progress, and provide transparency and credibility with candidates
- Collaborate with other recruiting team members to improve and streamline the scheduling process
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 1+ years of experience as a Recruiting Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, HR Coordinator, or other relevant experience
- Your attention to detail is unparalleled - you’re known as the person who never lets anything slip!
- Context switching is second nature to you - you might not be able to literally juggle (bonus points if you can) but you can easily juggle multiple priorities, work streams, and stakeholders
- Problem-solving is in your nature - you can identify and raise problems, and start working to solve them
- You love speaking to people - your written, verbal, and virtual communication skills are strong, while remaining empathetic, welcoming, and adaptable
- You’re cool as a cucumber under pressure - you either have experience in startups or other high-stress situations, and you weather change with grace and calm
- You’re an advocate - for yourself, for your team, and for our candidates
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS, Gsuite, Slack, Interview Schedule, Gem, LinkedIn Recruiter are all a plus!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!