Researcher, Executive Recruiting at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Our Executive Recruiting team is looking for a researcher to join our growing talent practice, focusing on building out various executive functions across the company. We’re in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day-in and day-out, eager to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders on finding the right talent for their prospective organizations. This person will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, setting expectations and exceeding them.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching and updating target lists for a variety of executive searches
- Developing and building organization maps
- Identifying prospective talent to provide a strong pipeline of qualified candidates
- Creating and tailoring job descriptions
- Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Developing sourcing strategies; using various avenues to attract the best talent
- Assisting in the drafting and formatting of hiring manager materials
- Screening and presenting executive candidates to the internal team
- Helping manage the firm’s databases - Greenhouse, Thrive and Google Suite
- Analyzing and staying on top of industry trends and executive moves
- 2-4 years of experience working in an expert network or recruiting role
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
- A go-getter who can self-manage and execute new processes and strategies
- A scrappy & creative thinker; an optimist
- High personal integrity
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
- Thirst for knowledge and high sense of urgency
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.