At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Retail Training team creates and delivers all training for employees working in frontline roles with our customer. You’ll work with team leaders and department stakeholders to develop the curriculum for ongoing training. With our ever growing and evolving business, you’ll be responsible for all technical training as the team continues to scale.
About the Job:
As the Retail Trainer, you will create, develop and facilitate ongoing training materials for retail stores. You’ll observe operational processes, system challenges and customer interactions in stores to assess training opportunities, while working closely with internal departments to understand key business objectives and consistently translate these into tactical training materials.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the creation, development, and occasional facilitation of ongoing training materials for retail stores
- Partner strategically with internal departments such as marketing, product, creative, tech, PR, recruitment, etc. to understand key business objectives, product launches, new developments etc. and consistently translate these into tactical training materials
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods (ex. virtual, train the trainer, video demos, tutorials, role-playing, group discussions, etc.)
- Maintain consistent post training follow-ups with all participants, focusing on gathering insights around material performance by utilizing various methods (ex. Google form, email, check-ins, etc.)
- Track, report, and evaluate all training programs for attendance, participation, and effectiveness
- Assess department’s operational performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Actively spend time in the stores, observing operational processes, system challenges, customer interactions, etc. in order to assess training opportunities
- Research and keep current on the latest training trends, design, methodology and best practices
- Travel Requirement - up to 15%
- Dedicated – possess a deep knowledge of RTR’s business model, vision and mission
- Inquisitive – passion for continuous learning and self-improvement, has an inherent need to share information + knowledge
- Communicator – ability to effectively convey message to diverse group of individuals with different learning styles
- Resilient – honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
- Innovator – think up new and creative ways to deliver training material to maximize information retention and drives passion for learning long term.
- BA/BS Degree
- 3+ years experience in Training / Learning & Development/ Organizational Development
- 2+ years experience of instructional design and facilitation in a customer service-driven environment
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) required
- Knowledge of Workday Learning LMS a plus
- Experience in a retail/start up environment is a plus
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and enthusiastic demeanor
- Must work well with others and thrive in a team environment
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word and Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need