WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account, which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. We have built a digital-first platform designed to reset the bar to power a $30T industry.
Our focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of our financial services partners with the help of payroll providers. We make the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, financial advisors get to provide the advice and solution that employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution design for their needs without the headache, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-yr old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about adding a Retirement Plan Compliance Specialist to our client-facing team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space. At a high level, we’re looking for someone to lead our effort to administer retirement plans to the Vestwell platform. Ideally, you have spent 3-8 years working with advisors, sponsors, recordkeepers and/or TPAs running plan designs, annual non-discrimination testing, and preparing government reporting.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Day-to-day you will be expected to:
- Plan document support - draft plan documents, including performing plan restatement evaluations; prepare plan amendments; and update related disclosures and notices
- Compliance activities - perform census reviews, prepare and review non-discrimination testing, prepare annual government filings (e.g., Form 5500, 8955-SSA)
- Subject matter expertise - support team members with process reviews, research, and documentation related to plan operations, corrections, audit support
- Product support - contribute to discussions with product and engineering teams to continually improve and iterate on our technology supported compliance processes
- 3-5 years defined contribution / qualified plan experience including non-discrimination testing, drafting of Form 5500 and related schedules, census review, and contribution reconciliation
- Experience in successfully handling high volume workload, whether owning a book of business or being a strong lead in a testing-specific department
- Keen attention to detail, deadlines, and customer service needs - the Plan Compliance Specialist will need to collaborate with internal stakeholders and with clients to clearly communicate the timing and other requirements of all deliverables
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to superior customer service
- Positive, collaborative, and proactive attitude
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office suite; Google suite; cloud-based client portals and internal network drives
- Knowledge of one or more non-discrimination testing systems (Ft William, Datair, ASC, Sungard Relius)
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or higher credential from ASPPA
We’re a growth-stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We also have a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options in midtown Manhattan so you can be as productive as possible, and we hope to be back there once we’ve beaten this virus. In the meantime, we provide the team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!