Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Works closely with our design teams to create the standard operating procedures (SOP) that support any processes that we evaluate or redesign
- Translate technical system requirements into detailed step-by-step work instructions
- Lead the escalation/communication of risks and issues as appropriate
- Review, suggest, revise, consults, and re-write existing policies and SOPs
- Develop and define the terminology used in SOP documents so they are clearly understood by all audiences that read and/or use them
- Develop checklists, communication templates and guides to augment SOPs
- Track all policy and SOPs from creation to implementation
- Partner with Learning & Development teams to develop and publish supplemental training guides, materials, and videos
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience writing SOP’s, Processes, Procedures, User Manuals and/or Work Instructions
- Strong technical documentation skills. Technical writing skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Human Resources, or related field
- Proficient in GSuites
- The ability to lead without authority, establish and adhere to project timelines to ensure documents move through the required review and approval steps
- Certification in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies are a plus
- Excitement to operate in a fast-moving, changing startup environment to meet lofty goals!
- Comfort with some ambiguity
- Empathy to develop material and content that meets colleagues where they are at
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, including the ability to interface with senior management within the company
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels to provide high quality, responsive service
How We Define Success:
- On-time, high-quality delivery of all documentation for projects in our portfolio
- Detailed set of project management artifacts that are kept up to date throughout the projects
- Well informed leadership - through appropriate mix of documents, meetings, and communication
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience in Healthcare, Pharmacy, or Insurance service operations preferred
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.