Senior Business Recruiter at Squarespace
Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, innovative technology, memorable marketing campaigns, and the teams that power it all behind the scenes. Our Recruiting team’s mission is simple: we find and hire the exceptional talent that will help us transform the future of online publishing.
We’re looking for a Senior Business Recruiter who will partner with leaders across a diverse set of teams, including: Finance, Legal, Marketing, People, Customer Operations, Strategy, and Channels & Services. You will use your expertise of the market and your tenacity to source, evaluate, and close candidates; your poise and attention to detail will help guide them through an efficient and memorable hiring process. As a Recruiter, the future of Squarespace begins with you.
This role reports into our Business Recruiting Manager in our New York headquarters.
- Develop and execute hiring strategy for multiple hiring teams, averaging between 30-40 hires at the mid to senior level per year.
- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, and driving the interview and offer processes, including reference checks.
- Build high-trust, advisory relationships with hiring managers and interviewers alike; facilitate interviewer training courses, req opening kick-offs, and candidate debriefs.
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespace’s culture, product, strategic direction, and competitors, and use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates.
- Proactively source candidates through a variety of methods (i.e., digital, social media, events), building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy, objectives, processes, culture, and skill needs of the hiring teams that you support; use this knowledge to co-author effective job descriptions, craft recruitment strategies, and communicate with candidates.
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure efficient preparation prior to and during the interview process.
- Recommend, negotiate, and close offers, selling Squarespace’s compensation philosophy, culture, unique impact of their role, and what differentiates us from talent competitors.
- Serve as a Squarespace ambassador in all facets of your role, delivering a compelling view of our employer brand, as well as a uniquely memorable candidate experience.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders (i.e., HR Business Partners and hiring teams) to ensure alignment on the specifications of each role and the requirements of each interview process.
- Maintain clear and consistent records in our applicant tracking system. Utilize your attention to detail and process rigor to become a trusted partner to internal People team stakeholders to ensure reporting accuracy and a stellar new employee onboarding experience.
- 5+ years experience as an in-house recruiter in a high growth environment supporting a diverse set of client groups
- Experience with educating and selling candidates on equity compensation vehicles, including: RSUs and stock options
- Experience hiring for roles at the mid-career and senior level, including Director, VP, and C-level roles; a mix of technical and non-technical recruiting preferred
- Experience in hiring candidates with visa sponsorship requirements; solid understanding of visa sponsorship types and limitations
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening abilities and presentation skills; confidence speaking with people of varied experience levels and backgrounds
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivation and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Tenacity, intellectual curiosity, and the drive for continuous improvement
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and the ability to navigate competing priorities
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.