Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Senior Compensation Manager to manage and scale our global compensation programs. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to impact how we attract and retain international talent. You will work directly with the People Operations team and management to identify and address compensation issues and evangelize our total rewards program and compensation philosophy.You Will
- Manage and execute the administration, communication, education of our total rewards and compensation program in all current and future geographic locations: including the United States, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
- Analyze market trends and benchmarking to monitor effectiveness and prepare recommendations for cash, bonus, and equity according to our compensation framework and philosophy.
- Manage semi-annual compensation review cycles.
- Complete market survey submissions.
- Prepare compensation analysis and recommendations for the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a data-minded resource for the HR team to manage compensation reporting metrics and tools to inform business decisions to forecast and analyze our compensation programs’ outcomes.
- Provide subject-matter expertise and be a strong strategic partner cross-functionally with HR Business Partners, managers, Recruiting, and employees on compensation-related questions and issues.
In your first 30 days, you will assess our current compensation philosophy and analyze where we are with our approach to compensation today. You will partner directly with the People Operations and Recruiting teams to ensure we attract and retain our talent through our compensation practices and programs. You will also lead the relationship with our external compensation partners.
In your next 30 days, you will look forward to our bi-annual compensation cycle and determine improvements that will need to be made to support this cycle. You will ensure you have the tools, data, and resources in place to run an effective global compensation program.
After 3 months, you’ll be fully integrated into the team. You will have gained the knowledge to position yourself as the evangelist of our total rewards program and compensation philosophy at Cockroach Labs.You Have
- 8 years in HR with at least 5 years experience in a compensation role.
- Expertise in Excel and proven ability to build and maintain compensation models and other people data metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with total discretion.
- Experience in a global technology company preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Previous experience managing compensation for a Pre-IPO company in hyper-growth preferred.
- Good understanding of equity compensation strategies including managing a mix of equity across options and RSUs.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathize with others and anticipate, respond, and pivot to both the employees’ and the business’s needs.
- Resilience and are a go-getter who can own a project with varying levels of instruction and run with it.
Works closely with Lindsay Grenawalt - Chief People Officer
Lindsay focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining the best possible talent for Cockroach Labs. She was first exposed to the world of startups at Google Ventures then moving to Yext as the VP of People Operations, where she was responsible for growing the company from 150 to over 400 employees across the United States, the Netherlands, and the UK. When she is not at work, you can find her exploring the culinary delights of New York and attempting to recreate them at home.
Reports to Lauren Weber - People Operations Manager
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether you’re talking organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what's delicious, fun, and interesting. Born and raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) and locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported and engaged by our people processes and programs.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].