Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. As our business has grown dramatically, so has our team, tripling to 300+ employees this year. We have exciting plans to change the future of healthcare, and we’ll need to continue to attract and retain incredible people to execute on those plans. To help do that, we’re looking for a strategic Senior Director of HRBP to lead our HRBP team and develop people strategies that promote engaged and high-performing teams to drive forward Thirty Madison’s business strategy.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thought partner to business leaders and is a self-starter that has deep experience developing and implementing innovative people strategies to cultivate and retain talent in hyper-growth organizations. This person is an experienced coach and a strategic thinker who knows how to leverage data to build and measure success of key initiatives. This person is also a skilled communicator and a change champion, who knows how to influence key stakeholders and drive forward multiple complex projects to successful completion. We value experimentation and iteration and are seeking a leader who can work quickly, test hypotheses, and drive processes forward. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, empathetic, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to help define and scale a culture at a company that is transforming the healthcare industry.
Some things you’ll work on:
- Build and lead Thirty Madison’s HRBP team to ensure the proper level of support across the organization to drive business outcomes and serve as HRBP to select business leaders
- Act as a strategic thought partner to our business leaders, providing guidance on professional development, career pathing, performance management, employee relations, succession planning, workforce planning
- Develop key people strategies and program infrastructure that promote engaged and high-performing teams aligned with Thirty Madison’s business strategy
- Coach business leaders and their direct reports to support their development as effective leaders for the organization
- Ensure HRBPs are equipped with the right skills and tools to partner meaningfully with leaders to help them build and develop high performing teams
- Serve as a champion of change efforts, providing support and frameworks for leading change to drive adoption
- Deliver strategic talent programs and provide day-to-day support for talent needs in partnership with others on the People and Talent teams
- Build a deep understanding of Thirty Madison’s business objectives to leverage as the foundation for delivering and evolving people initiatives
- Leverage data and analytics to inform and measure success of people initiatives and influence change
- Foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce at all levels of the organization
- Support people processes throughout the year ensuring teams are aware of what’s going on and understand the why behind key initiatives
- Maintain a pulse on the organization to help drive proactive programming to improve employee engagement
You’re the right fit if you have:
- 8+ years’ relevant HR experience with a proven track record as a Human Resources Business Partner
- Proven ability to influence and drive change with senior leaders in a scaling organization, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth
- Proven success in delivering high-impact people operations programs including workforce planning, org design, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, employment law, diversity, equity & inclusion, training, and development
- Prior experience building, developing, and leading high-performing teams of HR professionals
- Sophisticated coaching and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret data to drive actionable insights and thoughtful solutions to business challenges
- Ability to balance longer-term strategic initiatives with more immediate priorities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in hyper-growth startup
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*