Senior Director, Talent Strategy (HRBP) at Better
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We are looking for an exceptional people leader and strategic thought partner to join our team as a Senior Director of Talent Strategy (HRBP). This is a newly created senior leadership position with substantial runway and opportunity to build and scale; to align people initiatives with business strategy in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving, hyper-growth environment.
We’re in hyper-growth mode, which means we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day in-and-day-out. Someone who is comfortable operating at both a macro and micro-level, who can drive high level strategy and who has the operational and leadership acumen to build and manage a high-performing team. This individual will assume full oversight of our Talent Strategy (HRBP) team and initiatives, including workforce planning, organizational design and executive leadership coaching. Success in this role requires a high degree of business acumen, creative thinking and strong organizational and relationship building skills.
- Lead the Talent Strategy business function across client groups, including Sales and Operations, Technology, Corporate and Executive.
- Build and lead a team of Talent Strategy Business Partners (HRBPs); ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value, best-in-class business partnership support
- Establish and lead ongoing relationships with senior leadership and key business stakeholders; act as internal consultant aligning cross-functional business strategy with people initiatives
- Partner across the larger people organization to build and executive on talent strategy, including with Employee Experience, Talent Operations, Compensation, Performance and Learning and Development
- Oversee company-wide talent initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Headcount and Workforce Planning
- Organizational Design
- Succession Planning
- Skill Development Plans
- Executive Coaching
- You have 12+ Years of HR/Leadership Experience, specifically within Talent Strategy/HRBP
- You have 6+ years of people leadership experience
- You have a proven track record building and scaling talent strategy/HRBP functions from the ground up and/or in hyper-growth environments
- You are a true thought partner and strong people leader; an advisor and coach who is well-versed in all aspects of talent strategy and management
- You have strong problem solving skills; you use inquiry and business acumen to identify underlying issues and advance team and business outcomes
- You are comfortable operating in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and taking initiative with little to no direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.