Senior HR Business Partner, People Operations
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
For us people and culture come first. We hire the best, create an environment where they can be their authentic selves, innovate and make the biggest business impact. If you also thrive in this environment, we are looking for a new Senior HR Business Partner to join our People Operations team at our New York location.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Understand our business and proactively support leaders across the organization to achieve their vision and goals.
- Coach and support our leaders to develop their people, drive business results and maintain our unique culture.
- Be a champion of our values and work with the broader People Operations team to design and implement people strategies and solutions to meet our current and future needs.
- Collaborate with teams across the globe to help ensure that we are best placed to achieve our overarching vision and mission.
- Guide managers and employees on all things people related, including onboarding, benefits, employee relations, talent management, performance management, career development, mobility and compensation, etc.
- Assist with the communication and the roll out of people programs and practices.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Continually listen and look for ways to improve our culture and employee experience.
- Assist with People Operations administration for your groups including utilizing our HRIS system (Workday) to maintain employee data and produce reports; managing leaves of absence and advising on benefit questions.
- Partner with global teams to support and facilitate mobility, visa needs and compliance.
You’ll be gritty, generous, open and collaborative. You’ll possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as being able to embrace our wider vision, manage change and bring your full self to work. You’ll be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a fast-paced environment with rapid growth.
You’ll also come with:
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- A MA/MS/MBA degree would be preferred.
- 5+ years HR / People experience within an enterprise start-up, technology-oriented or tech environment.
- PHR, GPHR or SPHR would be a strong plus.
- Experience of working in global environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Workday experience
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.