Senior HR Business Partner
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
In this position you will partner with Operations Senior Management to develop and execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows rapidly. This role drives overall business performance and employee engagement by proactively diagnosing issues and opportunities and taking the necessary actions to address issues. The HRBP will work with the Senior HR Business Partner in the development and execution of project plans as well as the HR strategies and business objectives, including but not limited to: talent planning, leadership training & development, performance management, workforce planning, communication and diversity initiatives, etc, all of which help further the goals of the organization. The HRBP role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our 24/6 Fulfillment Center.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement at all levels of the organization. Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment and high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
- Execute our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring at management level
- Responsibility for operations management talent movement and development
- Ownership of management Learning & Development programs including creation of facilitator guides, participant guides, Powerpoint decks, and job aids to support the learning opportunities and key gaps in leadership
- Creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Partner with senior leadership to drive performance management at all levels of the organization
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Facilitate, partner as necessary and use sound judgement to resolve employee relation concerns
- Partners with operations leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field; advanced HR degree preferred
- At least 10 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 6 years of HR management experience
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- A strong solution focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate resolutions
- Previous experience training management level
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred