Senior HR Business Partner at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we have for our pets into uncomplicated care. Critical to this mission is ensuring our growing workforce of 140+ humans has the programs, coaching, and support they need to do their best work. Driving that will be our Senior HR Business Partner who will be directly responsible for delivering full-cycle employee programs that amplify our unique, high-performance culture.
While doing so, the Senior HR Business Partner will strategically advise on leadership coaching, organizational design, and workforce planning across our senior leaders and people managers. This position will report to the Director of Humans at The Farmer’s Dog and have a wide scope of influence across the organization.How You'll Make An Impact
- Serve as a trusted thought partner for people managers as they lead their teams, navigate and resolve employee relations issues, and strategically design their workforce.
- Implement and oversee internal talent programs around Onboarding, Talent Development, Performance & Compensation, and Retention.
- Work cross-functionally to support programs and initiatives that serve elements of the employee lifecycle, including hiring and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Use People-centric data to establish an analytical and metrics-driven approach to recommending systemic solutions and improvements.
- Drive the adoption of operating standards by providing policy interpretation, counseling, and training for employees and managers while ensuring fairness and legal compliance.
- 8+ years in Human Resources with 5+ years as an HR Business Partner and/or HR Generalist. Previous experience managing direct reports strongly preferred.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally, and vertically with senior leaders, in order to integrate People programs and strategies.
- Deep knowledge of HRBP practices including organization design, compensation, performance management, change management, executive relationship building, etc.
- Solutions-focused, empathetic, and collaborative approach to advising and making decisions.
- Exceptional in both communication and analytical skills, with an ability to listen to and inform an organization.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming, friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota