Senior HR Generalist at Howl (Remote)
Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl enables creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
About the Role
Howl is looking for a HR Generalist to scale our HR processes across the organization, serving as a trusted resource and strategic partner for our team. We are a remote company with employees across several states and timezones in the U.S. (Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific). Excellent documentation, async and written communication are key for success in this role.
As our HR Generalist, you’ll manage employee programs like onboarding, offboarding, performance reviews and engagement surveys (anything employee life cycle related). You’ll create and implement company communications processes, and day to day operating procedures.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will:
- Scale and iterate on current HR processes.
- Manage our HRIS and people management systems (Justworks, Lattice) and maintain organization of our internal folders and resources (on Notion).
- Manage payroll and processes all compensation changes on Justworks, including reclassifications, promotions, referral bonuses, merit and pay increases, and stipends.
- Manage onboarding program including new hire orientation, new hire policy acknowledgement, and employee training sessions including tracking the completion of mandatory compliance training.
- Manage offboarding logistics including exit interviews and partnering with IT on equipment return and tracking.
- Interpret and apply programs, policies, and procedures and ensure compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations including FMLA, PFL and leave management.
- Act as point of contact for employee questions about benefits, HRIS updates, employment verifications, I-9 verifications and more.
- Partner with our legal team to ensure a supportive immigration process.
- Manage ad hoc projects and initiatives through strong execution administratively and tactically.
- Demonstrate strong data accuracy and attention to detail for employee data management, reports and audits.
- Work on DEIB initiatives that foster inclusivity and belonging on our team.
- Manage logistics for employee experience initiatives and team events.
We’re Excited About You Because:
- 5+ years experience in HR or People Operations.
- Have worked at both start-ups and larger organizations (has seen massive scale and change management a plus).
- Deep functional HR expertise in how to keep an organization compliant.
- Experience with payroll and HRIS/ PEO systems.
- Comfortable with public speaking and running training programs.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Ability to coach employees and managers in a solution-oriented manner with thoughtfulness and grace.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve processes and programs.
- Collaborative. Builds healthy working relationships and partners effectively with others on projects and initiatives.
- Detail-oriented. Thoroughly and accurately completes tasks while effectively managing projects simultaneously, prioritizing urgent needs, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator. Exercises discretion, sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all communications, due to the exposure to highly sensitive and confidential information.
The base salary range for this role is $135,000 yr - $165,000/yr USD.
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.