Squarespace’s HR Business Partner team is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to guide people projects across our Creative, Marketing and Legal departments and lead out on complex employee relations incidents across the company and strategic projects for the team. You will partner with management and employees on all things people-related such as coaching, compensation, organizational development and much more.
You can zoom out and keep focus on scaling for growth and retention. You’ll also work with the broader People Team on programs to cultivate our unique culture and people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation, shape career paths at Squarespace, and redefine what it means to be a strategic partner.
You will report to our Director, Partners and Programs and can be based in our New York or LA office.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Partner with leadership on organizational and people related strategy
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, and professional development
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences and compensation
- Develop People team programs focusing on retention, engagement, recognition, talent planning and performance management
- Partner with the Total Rewards team to be a trusted advisor to your client groups and become an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression
- Partner with the Recruitment and FP&A team on strategic headcount planning and succession planning, identifying essential roles, opportunities to diversify our teams through external recruiting and internal mobility
- Work with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation and development while providing employees and managers the tools they need to be successful
- Manage the employee relations lifecycle including harassment and discrimination claims by creating investigation plans, conducting investigations, and partnering with the HRBP team to review and implement the outcome
- Escalate matters that pose a significant risk to the business to manager, VP, People, and CPO
- Refine existing employee relations frameworks, procedures and documentation with a global point of view, with a carve out for local legislation
- Build ER metrics to be reviewed so enhancements to the process can be made and to create positive change
- Stay current with applicable Human Resources-related laws, rules and regulations
- 15+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, including 10 years as an HR Business Partner working directly with department executives and senior leadership
- 7+ years conducting ER investigations, partnering with and coaching HRBPs and managers
- Desire to push the status quo and find efficiencies in how we spend more time on impactful partnership with leadership
- A bias towards teamwork and collaboration - communicates often with peers, socializes work, and manages change with empathy
- A deep understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations, particularly California employment law
- Ability to travel for People team events or in person work with client groups
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.