Senior Human Resources Business Partner at Squarespace
Squarespace is in search of Senior HR Business Partner to join our growing People team. In this role, you will: provide leadership and employees with guidance on performance management, career development planning, compensation planning, employee relations, and other HR programs and policies; locally execute People team programs; and support our Engineering and Product leaders achieve their talent management objectives. You will also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and scale our people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to partner with two departments undergoing significant growth and transformation, and demonstrate your partnership capabilities should a permanent position open up on the team.
You will report to our Director, HR Partners and Programs and will be based in our New York City office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Coach managers on performance management, professional development planning, inclusive leadership, employee relations, and compensation planning
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absence, and compensation
- Leveraging data on attrition rates & history, retention risk markers, engagement, market competitiveness, etc., partner with department executives to execute their local talent management strategies
- Partner with the Total Rewards team to advise leaders and stakeholders on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to facilitate tailored learning experiences geared towards team/competency building, leadership development, and career progression
- Contribute to the development of new HR programs and policies aimed at performance management, organizational health & engagement, recognition, talent planning, and position management
- Partner with the Recruitment and FP&A teams on headcount planning, internal mobility, and driving hiring efficiencies across your client groups
- Work cross-functionally to provide employees and managers with the tools they need to operate effectively and achieve Squarespace’s strategic priorities
- Push the status quo and proactively surfaces opportunities for efficiency to increase the team’s time spent on impactful partnership with leadership
- Partner with our Employee Relations leader and Legal team to manage employee relations for your client groups as needed, including creating investigation plans, conducting investigations, completing standard data collection / documentation protocols, and partnering with the HRBP team and department leadership to review and implement the outcome
- Progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, including dedicated experience working as an HR Business Partner aligned to department executives and senior leadership
- HR leadership experience managing a complex and diverse scope involving multiple stakeholders across a company
- Previously been responsible for driving large-scale solution development beyond the team and individual levels, and are highly effective at simplifying complex issues, designing and operationalizing solutions tailored to the unique needs of your business
- Been a primary contributor to improving major processes and have a significant impact on company policy and practices
- Solution focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent active listening, influence, written/verbal communication and conflict management skills
- A bias towards teamwork and collaboration - communicates often with peers, socializes work, and manages change with empathy
- A bias towards action - resourceful, execution oriented, and to able to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations
- Ability to travel quarterly for meetings, team events, and in person work with client groups
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.