Senior Manager, Benefits at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of Recruiting, Human Resources, and Workplace Experience & Hospitality, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details to the largest projects - such as structuring performance management - to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Senior Manager, Benefits to support our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in health benefit administration and will exemplify a strong understanding of the market landscape and best practices. This Manager will ensure that programs support the organization's strategic objectives and are compliant with current state by state regulations. We are looking for a subject matter expert, who has a proven track record in building and implementing strategic benefit programs, ideally within a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization.
- Partner cross-functionally and with senior leadership on the development and implementation of new benefit programs, including but not limited to traditional health benefits, retirement plans, wellness initiatives and financial wellbeing
- Lead initiatives around RFI/RFP processes and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders (ie Finance, HR Systems, and Stakeholders) to ensure our programs meet the needs of our employees.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all benefit-related vendors
- Lead the annual open enrollment process including coordinating open enrollment fairs, developing communications and ensuring renewal changes are reflected in open enrollment materials
- Provide function-specific data and feedback and to support decision making for People Operations initiatives.
- Manage Benefits team; provide coaching and delegate work accordingly to ensure the development of junior members of the team.
- Comfortable with navigating uncertainty.
- Strong understanding of US healthcare system and ability to clearly articulate nuances for employee understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution oriented - with a track record of moving projects from design to deploy.
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate potential problems before they arise
- 6+ years of HR/Benefits experience
- Minimum of 2+ years leadership experience
- Minimum of 2 years working in a project management environment
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.