At DoorDash, we believe that we’re a career destination where women of all backgrounds and people of color can do the very best work of their careers. Our employees are our most important customers and we believe that a strong and inclusive company culture drives stronger business results. As the Senior Manager of Diversity Recruiting Partnerships, you will build and execute a strategy to increase diversity in DoorDash’s hires through external partnerships, community events, and other creative relationships. This includes thinking strategically and operationalizing how to convert leads into candidates, and ultimately employees.
This role reports to the VP of Global Culture, Belonging, and People Growth and will be a key member of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team. DEI at DoorDash is an interconnected function with Employee Connections, Internal Communications, and People Growth on the Culture, Belonging and People Growth Team (CBPG). CBPG’s mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection where diverse identities can thrive and every employee can do the best work of their career.
This role is anticipated to have one direct report within the first year. We are open to candidates based in San Francisco, Phoenix, or New York. We are also open to candidates that are willing to relocate post COVID-19; right now, DoorDash employees are working remotely through at least March 31, 2021.You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- You get to build and execute a diversity recruiting partnerships strategy that’ll serve as a key pillar in DoorDash’s overall sourcing and recruiting strategy
- You will build and nurture relationships with external communities and organizations that are driving towards meaningful social change through leadership development
- You have a deep appreciation for recruiting, you know what it takes to fill jobs, and you’re eager to get into the details
- You thrive in cross-functional environments where you get to manage multiple stakeholders and timelines toward the same vision
- You strongly believe that a rising tide lifts all boats and when we invest in and support underrepresented employees, we all benefit and grow
- You are a community builder at heart, and you love creating meaningful, experiential, and tightly-pulled together events/activations/initiatives that build strong connections
- You have a demonstrated track record of leading impactful recruiting partnerships and delivering results with clear success metrics
- You listen well, value different perspectives, and are an expert in authentically using emotion and logic to communicate in a variety of mediums to connect with people and drive collaborations
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in HR, marketing, or applicable functions (if you’re shy a year or two, we’d still like to hear from you)
- People management experience a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our ambitious goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, unlimited PTO, and comprehensive health benefits (including fertility and family-forming care)
Want to learn a little more about our culture and company values? We believe in transparency, so check out what it’s like [email protected] or follow us on Instagram @wearedoordash!About DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.