Senior Manager, Human Operations at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
We are looking for a Senior Manager of People Operations to join our growing Human's team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, building out and improving the core People Operations infrastructure at The Farmer’s Dog. A successful candidate will partner across the company to deliver operational excellence in People programs, own the PEO relationship and benefits road map, oversee multi-location compliance, and ensure that we have the right policies and processes in place to support our employees and company now and through our future growth. Reporting to the Director of Humans, this role will have a company-wide footprint and will strongly and regularly partner across the Humans team (including Humans Business Partners), the Finance team, and managers and employees throughout The Farmer's Dog.How You'll Make An Impact
- Provide excellent support to employees on all things People Ops-related, using the same lens (and love) with which we treat out external customers.
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of core HR Processes across all employee life-cycle activities, including: compliance, policy implementation and management, immigration, payroll, benefits, and compensation records.
- Own the development, implementation and maintenance of core programs in the employee lifecycle for seamless onboarding, offboarding, employee changes; and provide operational support for compensation, performance, and engagement cycles.
- Own the maintenance of all employee systems of record, including accurately and confidentially maintaining data and implementing new systems as needed, including: HRIS, Payroll, Benefits.
- Drive company-wide initiatives to increase employee happiness with a focus on Total Rewards / Benefit -- own the benefits road map, including setting up broker relationships and executing all open enrollment.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal labor and employment laws and regulations .
- Directly and indirectly support the hiring and development of other Humans team employees.
- You go out of your way to bring happiness and joy to all -- especially in touchpoints throughout the employee lifecycle.
You believe “problems are treasures” and are open to new approaches, solving problems from first principles.
You can fly at 30,000 feet in crafting long-term total rewards and compliance strategies one minute and then direct on the runway to help get things done in the next.
- You have exceptional decision quality, and you have the experience and wisdom to deeply understand compliance and risk and make mitigating decisions that keep the business moving and growing.
- You thrive when multiple plates are spinning and you're able to organize and set direction for your team to keep building toward scale.
- You have 8+ years in HR operations with 2+ years of managing operationally-focused HR teams.
- You have 5+ years in benefits/total rewards, and 3+ as key driver of benefits decisions.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota