Senior Manager, Learning & Development at Policygenius
About the role….
Are you enlivened by uncovering problems and solving them? Are you obsessed with going the extra mile and sharing ownership? Our Senior Manager, Learning and Development role might be the right fit for you! This role will be the first of its kind on our talented and driven People Team. Reporting into the VP of People, this person will be responsible for developing and executing on Pg’s learning and development strategy, as well as certain individual business functions . The right person will enable and empower us in creating a living network of inclusivity, growth, and learning for all employees as they take the wheel of their own development.
In this role, you will…
- Design simple yet refined programs that proactively address business needs regarding team and trust building, leadership development, onboarding, skill development.
- Act as a trusted partner to the business and regularly conduct ongoing talent needs assessments that result in strong solution roadmaps. You will balance innovation with not reinventing the wheel.
- Foster a climate of inclusion where every employee has a voice; ensuring scalability and responsibility, i.e. 'employee listening system’.
- Utilize quantitative and anecdotal data to make recommendations that drive culture, engagement and org performance.
- Develop and use actionable growth and development metrics that deliver on key talent initiatives for Pg.
- Develop and drive succession planning efforts that ensure Pg is able to deliver on its mission, despite any ‘what ifs’.
- Support program management: manager core training, onboarding, performance management, career pathing and change management.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years experience in a learning and development, instructional design, or business partner role with strong knowledge of training approaches, learning technology, DE&I, and content creation.
- You’ve worked on lean and multi-region teams within a high growth startup organization.
- You're a stellar verbal and written communicator who has exceptional interpersonal skills and can clearly present ideas to diverse audiences.
- You have a sense of urgency and high level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You’re known as someone who establishes priorities with clear responsibilities and consistently delivers on established goals and objectives.
- You love utilizing data to generate ideas and measure individual and company progress.
- You pride yourself on being a trusted advisor to the business, and demonstrate high degrees of partnership across levels of the company.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!