Senior Manager, Payroll at Peloton
The Senior Manager of Payroll will manage the payroll processing of domestic and international employees in a face-paced high-growth organization. This role will drive efficiency and process improvement, perform audits and reconciliations of payroll data, audit and approve bi-weekly and monthly payrolls, including international payroll providers. The Senior Manager will be the primary escalation point for payroll related inquiries will respond to frequent and urgent requests for information relating to payroll, tax processing and payroll policy matters and requires exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, and excellent customer service support skills.
- Manage the day-to-day payroll operations ensuring accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly and monthly payrolls in a high growth, fast paced organization.
- Review and approve bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for accuracy.
- Identify areas improvements and efficiencies by partnering closely with the Shared Services, People Systems, Legal and other internal stakeholders to establish best practices for global payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures.
- Partner with Accounting team to ensure accurate general ledger reporting and reconciliations
- Drive process standardization, automation, and continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Act as point of escalation and work to identify, track, document, and resolve errors, issues and risks proactively with timely further escalation of unresolved items to senior management.
- Ensures payroll processes are administered in compliance with SOX requirements, internal company policies as well as applicable country, federal and state regulations or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations.
- Perform analysis, generate reports and assist the People and Finance team with special projects that will streamline processes and improve procedures.
- Project lead for payroll related projects, including continuous development of processes that are scalable and support the company’s growth.
- Additional responsibilities include project management of global payroll service implementations, coordination with teams to integrate payroll systems with other upstream and downstream systems, and leading or participating in other global initiatives.
- 10+ years of payroll experience. Global experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Extensive understanding of stock and equity disbursement and related tax implications
- Flexible; able to perform and deliver excellent results under high pressure.
- Extensive knowledge in Payroll & Accounting procedures and Payroll Tax Laws & Regulations
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate independently and have the strong desire to work as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail and results orientation are required.
- Experience implementing payroll
- Ability to collaborating in a cross-functional global environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.