Senior Manager, People Operations (JR101407) at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
The Centralized Employee Services team is the central point of contact for the People team. We are the primary point of contact for all employee services, experiences and achievements. We reach across all teams to consistently support Better employees by providing company wide people programs that support business through growth and scale. We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead and develop innovating and comprehensive programs to support a dynamic workforce. In this role you will:
- Partner cross-functionally with subject matter authorities and specialists to ensure a flawless operation and employee experience
- Serve as HR subject matter specialist for HR team and partner teams to build scalable, cohesive HR infrastructure and processes that is tailored to employees at all levels
- Contribute expertise to high impact projects and support intra- and inter-team process improvement projects
- Handle escalations and ensure compliance on behalf of the Centralized Employee Services
- Identify process pain points and use data to drive decisions
- Lead all aspects of ad-hoc projects and provide cross-functional support to related business processes
- Manage a team who can help drive day to day process development and improvement to provide a work environment conducive to success
- Demonstrated experience in HR or equivalent role.
- Proven experience in managing a team
- You are a true generalist and thrive in a high growth environment.
- Roll up your sleeves with a “no task too small” mentality while also thinking strategically about the broader needs of people.
- Experience with Workday Core HR and Performance
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate a story through data
- Excellent written/verbal communication and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to scale and evolve HR programs and lead team projects that optimize processes.
- Experience with high impact projects requiring deep expertise in an HR area
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.