Senior Manager of People Operations at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking Sr. Manager of People Operations to design, execute, and optimize the operations functions of the People team. As Latch enters a post-IPO era of high growth, this role will be critical in helping us improve scalability of the ways we currently run day-to-day HR by zooming out to see patterns and trends and then digging in to implement process, system, and/or education. Most importantly, keeping an incredibly high-bar for the employee experience in every touch point of our systems and processes will be critical for the company’s success in attracting and retaining the best talent. This role reports into the VP of People.
- Establish and maintain overarching, scalable strategy for operational people processes and data (self-service information, systems/tools for information and transactions, data integrity and usability, etc)
- Manage benefits administration and all leave processing and ensure state and federal compliance
- In partnership with the finance team, ensure smooth payroll operations across Latch’s growing domestic and international employee base
- Improve and maintain scalable solutions for employees communicating with the People team on People matters, with high attention to customer service and timeliness
- Partner with People Business Partners to create self-service training and resources that address the most common employee needs and identify ways to innovate and optimize
- Responsible for all compliance matters (handbook, policies, record keeping, training requirements, audits, annual reporting, etc), including regular training for employees and new hires
- Manage all vendor relationships for People team systems, ensuring we leverage and optimize these services and resources available
- Oversee and maintain quality and integrity of key People data and metrics
- Manage the immigration process for current employees and incoming new hires
- 8+ years of People / HR experience with at least three years leading part of all of an HR Operations function
- Experience building a People Operations function built for scale.
- High sense of urgency and accountability. You have a high service-orientation, making sure to address issues/deliverables in a timely and effective way and to drive accountability on the team and with key partners.
- Deep knowledge of U.S. health insurance benefits administration
- Experience implementing a new HRIS system
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice