Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Role:
As the Senior Manager, Talent Development, you will create and implement core talent development frameworks designed for our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You will build and own all learning and development initiatives end to end, and will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining strategic training initiatives and talent programs to be scaled across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage leadership and management programs aligned with overarching organization development objectives and are tied to RTR’s strategic objectives and goals
- Create the leadership development curriculum for RTR; deliver the content and consistently improve and evolve our training as we grow and scale the business
- Be a key stakeholder in RTR’s new hire experience, evolving our current onboarding programing as needed and ensuring it continues to be right sized to our dynamic organization
- Become quickly immersed into the company culture, working closely with key business leaders to understand OKRs (Objective and Key Results) and ensure training programs support and align with larger company goals
- Design in-house scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Focus on delivering high impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension and application of the material utilizing technology, interaction, and innovative tactics
- Ensure consistency and compliance across all departments as new training programs and operational standards are rolled out, including HR training
- Assist HR leadership in continually building bench-strength of leadership by determining needs through talent assessment, succession planning and individual development plans
- BA/BS plus 6+ years of experience in Learning & Development/Organizational Development & Design
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting Diversity & Inclusion programming
- Advanced training and facilitation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and excellent communication style
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking L&D programming success
- Must be proficient with the tools of the trade - proficient with Workday LMS, and can leverage other technologies to develop and deliver top notch learning content
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.