Senior Manager, Technical Recruiting at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Talent Acquisition team is looking for a Senior Manager of Technical Recruiting to join our growing talent practice, partner with our Director of Talent Acquisition and manage a team of recruiters and sourcers as we build out various functions across the company. We’re in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to both lead and execute day-in and day-out as well as eagerness to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders on finding the right talent for their prospective organizations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coach and mentor a team of tech recruiters and sourcers, providing development opportunities and performance feedback
- Align team with Better’s mission, hiring goals and strategy
- Partner with department heads and senior leaders to build and oversee strategy to drive results
- Manage supply and demand within talent acquisition
- Work with senior leaders to build best-in-class recruiting experiences
- Develop and lead a superior full-cycle recruiting experience to both hiring managers and candidates
- You Bring strong experience collaborating and consulting with business leaders on both strategic and tactical recruiting plans, including pipeline management and sourcing techniques
- You are a process oriented & data driven leader; passionate about fixing complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and impact
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment,developing processes and policies on recruitment strategies from the ground up
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- A go-getter who can self-manage and execute new processes and strategies, understands how to both manage up as well as manage down
- High belief in Better’s mission and the work we do every day
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of experience working in full-cycle recruiting and managing a team
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.