Senior Manager, University & Recruiting Programs at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an experienced Senior Manager of University and Recruiting Programs to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
The Recruiting University and Programs Team is the recruiting function responsible for owning campus recruitment and intern programs, event management supporting recruiting efforts and programs, Diversity & Inclusion, as well as Employer Branding. In this role, you will work together with the Recruiting team and be responsible for driving the success of your team across all campus and professional recruiting events, and program activities. Reporting to the Head of Recruiting, you’ll lead the day to day management of a team of two direct reports, and be responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of key stakeholder relationships in order to deliver tailored campus and event recruiting solutions to serve multiple business areas.
You will also be responsible for helping to drive results around Flatiron’s Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) efforts in partnership with People team stakeholders. Additionally, you’ll lead the development and strategy to further position Flatiron as an employer of choice both at the professional level and on campus, through an integrated employer branding strategy across conferences, events, and partnerships. Additionally, you can expect to own and oversee the following areas:
Team and Program Management
- Proactively provide holistic leadership and direction to the recruiting programs team to ensure their success; helping them build relationships with relevant internal stakeholders, and foster university and vendor partnerships to drive Flatiron recruitment goals
- Be part of the recruitment management team and work together towards maintaining and growing a work culture that prioritizes creating an environment of learning, development, and inclusivity. This includes being an active participant in and driver of opportunities/career development of your direct reports, as well as acting as a leader across our broader recruitment team members
- Direct the design, budgeting, and execution of the campus recruiting strategy as it relates to the fall and winter campus recruiting season as well as the summer internship program. You will oversee the management of the internship program in partnership with each business unit team to recruit and provide meaningful internship experiences to our summer interns
- Keep a pulse on Flatiron business needs and thoughtfully incorporate stakeholder feedback in order to provide nuanced direction on the recruiting programs strategy
- Leverage data and user research to track and evaluate program team’s performance and develop insight-based recommendations for action to deliver effective targeted strategies towards Flatiron recruitment strategy. Utilize the acquired feedback to develop recommendations and provide input in the budgeting, program ideas and planning process
- Develop standard processes and materials to train and support the increasing knowledge and understanding of our managers and employees as it relates to our recruiting programs. Specifically, managing the maintenance of documentation and ensuring team is set up for success by aligning and effectively communicating policies and procedures
- Travel domestically during peak recruiting seasons to help support programs event roadmap, across university and professional conferences
Diversity & Inclusion
- Leverage and curate key external partnerships to drive progress toward the company’s Diversity & Inclusion goals, as well as develop strategy to deliver targeted, high-touch experiences. This would include, but is not limited to, overseeing internal and external event strategy to drive our diversity recruiting efforts
- Foster internal partnerships with Employee Resource Groups, as well as work in collaboration across the People team, to inform how Programs can support our broader recruitment strategy in the form of Flatiron’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Proactively drive partnerships with recruiting leads across business and tech teams to translate talent needs into employer branding initiatives
- Foster internal partnerships and collaborate with stakeholders across our Brand and Communications teams to lead and develop an integrated communications and recruitment marketing strategy to drive candidate attraction and engagement. This might include: recruitment events, digital presence, social media engagement, diversity recruiting platforms, etc.
- Oversee and measure the ROI of existing branding efforts and partnerships with external partners across university, events, D&I programs and external partners. Combining this with a creative mindset to pitch new and innovative ideas to amplify our employer brand
This role will provide an opportunity to partner with senior stakeholders and is critical to help attract diverse, early and professional career talent.
Who You Are
You're a results-oriented and passionate leader with 8-10 years of relevant experience, with the ability to set clear goals and metrics to motivate your team, develop actionable plans, and manage work to achieve desired outcomes. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values having a measurable impact.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 8-10 years of relevant experience, with at least 3-5 years of those years spent managing a team focused on program management in at least two of the following areas: campus recruiting, event management, employer branding, or Diversity & Inclusion
- You are a dedicated people manager with a passion for leading and developing teams, and set a high bar for yourself and your team as it relates to attention to detail, follow through and ability to give creative direction / feedback
- You pride yourself on possessing excellent communication and relationship-building skills across all levels of candidates and stakeholders, including demonstrating executive presence and comfort presenting to leaders of all levels
- You are driven by service-oriented environments with enthusiasm and have a high level of interest in campus recruiting, program management and junior talent development
- You have experience and proven ability to prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment
- You pride yourself on your organizational and project management skills, using creative problem-solving skills, and an ability to act independently to drive results
- You have a proven ability to successfully take an idea through development, being clear and concise with recommendations and execution (e.g., improvements to recruiting programs processes, intern program management, employer branding, etc.)
- You thrive on getting things done both quickly and accurately, and foster the same in others
- You enjoy a “roll up your sleeves” environment and are comfortable working with ambiguity in a fast-paced workplace
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with CRM technology and digital campaigns
- You have experience creating recruiting-focused brand marketing materials
- You have experience in the technical or healthcare industries.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.