Senior Manager/Director, Tech Recruiting at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You have an eye for detail and know how to attract the right people. You have a deep passion for tech recruiting and care deeply for the candidate experience. You are proactive with the tendency to form actionable insights and to get things done. Your presence exudes compassion, integrity, and professionalism when interacting with others. You greatly believe in developing long-term solutions versus short-term quick fixes.
You have high growth, start-up experience developing and implementing recruiting strategies that will help Justworks attract and hire the best tech talent that NY has to offer. You have a pulse on the tech talent market and are already on your way to becoming an “NYC Engineering Talent Guru”!
You understand the value of reporting on recruiting data/metrics and embrace this practice. You are committed to providing a best-in-class candidate experience and building a world-class in-house tech recruiting team that will attract the best and most diverse talent in the market. This position will also carry responsibility for recruiting against reqs.
This is a leadership position responsible for attracting talented employees to Justworks who represent our mission and core values in their interactions with teammates, prospects, customers and partners. You are responsible for all talent attraction duties, including partnering with hiring managers, scaling and managing your team of tech recruiters and recruiting coordinator/s. You will be part of our larger recruiting team where you will collaborate and partner closely to help build a best in class talent acquisition organization.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Leading your team to ensure a world class Tech candidate recruiting experience from first phone call to first day on the job
- Execute on Justworks’ annual Tech hiring plan in a creative, cost-effective way that delivers top Tech talent to the company
- Collaborate with the greater recruiting and people team, and tech leadership"
- Help build the master stories about Justworks employer brand that will ensure candidates understand the outstanding value proposition that Justworks has to offer"
- Hire and develop new members of the tech recruiting team; scale and refine the team to become one of the top talent attraction teams in NYC
- Partner with job sites, recruitment agencies, our applicant tracking system (ATS) provider and other vendors
- Develop and execute plans for special tech hiring focused projects and programs, such as our internship program, employee referral program and diversity recruiting efforts in collaboration with the larger talent acquisition team
- Optimize internal processes for operational efficiency
- Build a robust reporting and KPI tracking culture with your team and report key recruiting funnel metrics and KPI’s on a regular basis
- Represent our core values in every candidate and employee interaction
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Director of Talent Acquisition, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in corporate recruiting including tech recruiting
- Minimum of 3 years of people and team management experience, specifically managing a team of recruiters preferred
- Proven track record of talent attraction leadership, including creative sourcing solutions and programs, established relationships with hiring managers and team development
- Excellent interpersonal, and networking skills at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence, negotiate, and be able to build confidence and trust in leading the recruitment process.
- Must have demonstrable experience with diversity & inclusion recruiting best practices, including sourcing and closing diverse candidates at all levels
- Tendency toward action and getting things done
- Interest in presenting recruiting initiatives and wins to the organization
- Ability to develop long-term solutions versus short-term quick fixes
- Strong track record of scaling companies and engineering teams
- Model for compassion, integrity and professionalism when interacting with others
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment