Senior Payroll Administrator at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Payroll Administrator plays an important role in the Finance Department by ensuring data in the payroll system is accurate and complete. This position works alongside the Sr. Payroll Manager to ensure that information and processes are accurate and compliant while being processed in a timely manner. You will be responsible for the day to day administration of the payroll processing functions and ensure that a high level of accuracy is maintained and deadlines are met.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly multi-state payroll for the US for exempt and non-exempt employees which includes reviewing and ensuring accuracy of all payments.
- Process garnishment, child support and tax levies.
- Assist with semi-monthly UK expense and monthly payroll processing of International payrolls (UK, Singapore, and Spain).
- Analyze audit reports for accuracy prior to submitting finalized payroll file.
- Create payroll journal entries for import and/or entry into accounting system.
- Collaborate with Finance Team on forecasting and accounting for payroll related items.
- Ensure payroll tax compliance, including tax deposits, filings and reconciliations to the general ledger are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively with tax agencies (Federal, State and Local) and payroll provider to resolve tax issues.
- Ensure that proper controls and procedures are in place, documented and followed as well as working with auditors in testing the effectiveness of the controls for SOX Compliance.
- Main point of contact for all payroll related issues and respond to time-sensitive and/or confidential issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6-8 years of Payroll experience including but not limited to payroll taxes, W-2, year end processing, legal and accounting guidelines
- Previous experience with HRIS/Payroll software such as Ceridian Dayforce, Workday or ADP
- Working knowledge of FLSA and Federal, State and Local tax regulations
- Performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals
- Quality focused, possess the ability to work quickly and accurately, work well under pressure and detail oriented.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to implement solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- Bonus Points:
- Implementation of HRIS or Payroll Systems
- Knowledge of International Payroll, taxes and regulations
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.