Senior Payroll Specialist at Yotpo
If you shop online (and who doesn’t these days?), then chances are you’ve already interacted with Yotpo. We’re a leading eCommerce marketing platform, on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Loyalty programs, SMS marketing, reviews, and visual user generated content are our bread and butter, but we have more solutions up our sleeve, too.
We have teams across the world, including the US, UK, Israel, Australia, and the Philippines — and we’re still growing. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn: our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry. You can hear all about it in our latest brand video.
Sound exciting? Then read on, because we’re in pursuit of the best and the brightest minds to help us achieve our vision.
Yotpo is continuing our explosive growth by seeking our US Payroll Specialist . As Yotpo's first US Payroll Specialist, this is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position and will require a focus on detail, organization and playing as a team with the goal of preparing and processing accurate and timely US payroll.
The ideal candidate will report to the Global Payroll controller based out of the US. You will manage all payroll-related tasks & transactions and serve as the primary liaison between the Finance department, the employees & the Human Resources team.
- Responsible for the preparation, processing, and reconciliation of semi-monthly payroll for over 200 US employees in multiple states (Mainly NY), ensuring paychecks are correct and delivered on time.
- Working closely with the corporate (located in Israel) on a daily basis for the improvement of the current processes and implementing new policies.
- Manage payroll related processes including reporting and tax filing & compliance with all mandatory and statutory requirements.
- Taking a significant role in the implementation of a new payroll system.
- End-to-End Employee Life Cycle, on-boarding & off-boarding processes.
- Generate and distribute required internal payroll reports on a scheduled basis (bi-monthly, quarter end), and prepare information for external audits.
- Review payroll processes for compliance with labor and tax laws and relevant payroll statutory requirements.
- Implementing, applying & driving global finance department policies.
- Identify processes’ big rocks & areas of improvement, and establish new processes accordingly, allowing for streamlined global communication and efficiency.
- Review of the monthly attendance reports, PTO, personal time, etc.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all filings in Trinet or others.
- Being responsible for payroll tasks related to 401K & health benefits, work closely and jointly with the HR team.
- Perform monthly reconciliation and analysis of salary expenses, group benefits, bonus expenses, payroll taxes, PTO, flex spending accounts, manual payroll checks, and employee deductions.
- Maintain a general ledger account structure to achieve transparent payroll accounting, and prepare accounting transactions.
- Maintain necessary procedures and internal controls related to payroll accounting.
- Oversee the preparation of year-end reports and W2 forms
- A principal point of contact for inquiries and requests relating to payroll and provides assistance to employees for payroll related issues.
- 6+ years of experience processing payroll preferably in a technology company
- CPP certification
- Experience in transitioning from a PEO to a non-PEO payroll system and process payroll independently.
- Good knowledge of: federal, state & compliance related to payroll & HR legislation and all laws impacting payroll.
- BA in Finance or related - Significant Advantage
- Can-do, devoted & pleasant approach.
- Ability to initiate processes with cross functions, both according to Finance guidelines and independently.
- Detail-oriented and accurate while meeting goals and tight deadlines
- Self-directed, proactive and a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Hands-on and able to work effectively as an individual contributor and with team members at all levels.
- Full control of either Trinet or ADP; Two - Significant Advantage.
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fast growing tech startup / B2B SaaS / e-commerce.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, that’s okay! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. If you have a passion to learn and are excited about eCommerce and technology, then we want to hear from you.
About Yotpo US:
- 100% coverage of employee medical premiums; 90% coverage of dependent/family premiums.
- Comprehensive dental, life, disability and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO, holidays and flex days.
- Company sponsored 401K matching.
- Pre-tax Commuter and Healthcare benefits.
- Paid leave for new parents and Dependent Care FSA.
- Individualized career development, rewards and recognition.
- Wellness and philanthropic programming and events.
- In light of the global pandemic, many Yotpo teams are working in a remote capacity. When we return to the office, we expect we’ll be working in a hybrid model.
Yotpo’s employee-centric culture has consistently earned us coveted spots on Crain’s and BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work lists. Directly inspired by employee feedback, we create opportunities to bring our teams together. Yotpo programming includes quarterly events, educational fireside chats, summer outings, end of year celebrations, and affinity groups like Yotpo Cares and DEI-PO.
You’ll be working alongside awesome people where your voice is heard and your perspective is encouraged. Come join us and help us build a global company where we're all proud to belong.
Yotpo is for everyone, and we’re committed to anti-racist work. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.